Table of Contents
How do you get started?
These are the components you need to get started. I am happy to guide you through this process and answer all your questions and concerns.
- Purchase Your Blue Host Domain Name
- Select your Astra Theme from these templates. Astra Theme – Works Best with Elementor Page Builder.
- Purchase your hosting through WPEngine and go through their outstanding live help desk to set up the basic site that is ready for me to develop and design.
Kindly note that if you hire me, I supply Astra Pro and Elementor Pro through my developer’s license. I do this for one reason and that is I won’t work with anything less than the best to accomplish your goals for a successful and impactful WordPress website.
Then, all you do is sit back and relax!
Why start a WordPress blog and website?
Perhaps you want to start your own blog as an outlet to journal your daily thoughts and dreams. Or, maybe you want to blog about your life’s passions.
Of course, you might also start a blog to promote your business or to create a business. If you do, then you will also naturally use your website to build a list of readers.
What’s more, there are a number of ways you can monetize your website and blog posts for multiple income streams.
If you don’t have the technical skills to accomplish this, please review the options below for using my services to design and develop your website – complete and ready for you to publish your first blog post!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get a quote for a WordPress project?
For designing WordPress projects, I can more accurately quote if I’m able to see the design that you expect. If that’s not possible, wire frames, and/or an overview of the functions expected in the site along with the different page templates allow me to at least roughly estimate the development costs for you while we together we work to find the right layout and design.
Because design is very subjective and changes over the course of the design process, I don’t commit to a specific development fee ahead of approval of the final design files.
What are the phases of this project and why are they important?
I split every WordPress project into two phases:
- The Design Phase: There is a nonrefundable deposit required before I enter into a design phase. My design fees start at $300 for a 3-page website and go up from there. Once the design is agreed upon, we move to the development phase.
- The Development Phase: Next, I give you an estimate for the development fee of which you pay half in advance. Then, I develop all expectations for your website in its entirety. When all requirements are met, I send you an invoice for the balance of the development fee.
What are my hosting options?
Fortunately for you, I only design sites that use WPEngine for their hosting. You pay a little more, but you buy peace of mind for many reasons too numerous to list. Your hosting must be in place with a basic WordPress theme installed before I begin the Development Phase.
What is the average project timeline?
Design and development of WordPress projects are usually 3 to 6 weeks, depending on the size of the site. Sometimes sites are incredibly basic and are completed quickly. Or they might be more complex with a longer timeline. I sometimes accommodate rush-rated projects based on my schedule.
Will you fix something on my WordPress site or help customize a theme I purchased?
My current focus is on new, custom, WordPress projects only. So, I’m not currently taking on any WordPress set up, theme modifications or troubleshooting projects I did not design.